Things all you should know about bikini wax
Having the private area cleaned is for maintaining the health and hygiene of the body. The importance of bikini wax is quite powerful other than the cleanliness. Every woman definitely goes through this pain to boost up their confidence while wearing their favorite lingerie. The soft hair-free skin is something everyone desires for. If you are a first-timer here is a list of things you should know about bikini wax.
What is bikini wax?
The cosmetic treatment in which the unwanted pubic hair is removed by the method of waxing is called bikini wax. Hot or cold wax is used that adheres to hair and using a cloth strip it is quickly removed from the skin. The area of the upper leg and inner thigh is the area in which the pubic hair grows, known as the bikini line.
Things to remember when you are planning a bikini wax
- Let the hair grow adequately. The hair must grow a quarter of an inch long before the waxing. Short hair is dense and harder the pull and greater is the pain. And nobody wants a hell of a lot of pain in your sensitive area.
- Make sure the schedule is not at the time of your cycle. Before the periods the areas are sensitive. Thus it is not a good idea to go for a wax when the red days are knocking around. You can either book it before some days or after you get over with your cycle.
- When you are dealing with your sensitive area does not take the risk of new hands. You can either find a reputed salon or you can book an expert sitting at home from Yes Madam.
- Clean the area and exfoliate it a day or two ahead of the session. Gently buff away the dry skin with the help of a body scrub, this will help in having a good grip of the wax on the hair.
- Pick up soft comfortable underwear, as after the session the skin remains slightly sore and sensitive. Also, avoid workouts right after the session.
- Apply after wax lotion or aloe vera based gel to soothe the burning sensation. Aftercare of the waxed area is something you must not skip.
Types of waxing
Hard Wax is recommended for sensitive areas. It adheres to the hair without damaging the skin and helps in the process of hair removal. Hard wax is thicker than soft wax which hardens on your skin. Once the wax hardens you can remove the wax with your hands without using a wax strip. Thus according to the experts, hard wax is recommended for bikini lines.
Soft Wax adheres to the hair and skin. Soft wax not only pulls off the hair but also the outermost layer of skin comes off while waxing. Unlike hard wax, wax strips are required to remove the wax. This can leave your skin red and irritated. Soft wax is recommended for large areas like legs, arms, and back.
Styles of bikini wax
There are different styles that you can opt for in your bikini area. Among a lot of styles of bikini waxing, you can broadly segregate them into:
Regular bikini wax
It is the removal of the hair from both the sides of the bikini area and the top. This is simply tidying up the area that could be seen wearing a bikini. Thus the panty lines above the upper thigh and the peek over the waistline are good to go.
This type removes all the hair from the front. The hair from the intimate areas is also removed leaving a ‘landing strip’ on top. French wax doesn’t include the buttocks region.
Similar to the French wax, the Brazilian style removes the hair from the front and leaves a small strip or triangle. But Brazilian wax gives you a hair-free back along with the front. This style is popular for wearing a thong bikini.
Full bikini wax
A full bikini wax or popularly known as going Hollywood style is all about going clean down there. There is no hair at all, completely removing everything from front and back.
How long does it take?
A session of bikini wax usually depends on the density of the hair growth. Usually, it takes on an average of 15-20 minutes. For first-timers, 30 minutes is normal.
How long does it last?
Everyone’s rate of hair regrowth is different. On average one session of bikini wax lasts for 3 – 4 weeks.
What is the average cost of each session?
Well, if you choose to conduct yourself, all you do is to buy wax seed. The cost of wax seed varies from 200 to 1000 depending on the product company. If you want to rely on an expert the range will vary from 500 – 2000 depending on how many areas you want to cover.
We recommend you to take professional’s help when it comes to sensitive areas. You can hire salon service at home and get up to 70% off in the hot sale of Yes Madam.